Construction Bid Source, LLC, has been performing "turnkey" Good Faith Efforts (GFE's) for contractors since 1994.
WHAT IS A GFE?
A Good Faith Effort (GFE) Outreach is a documentation packet that “demonstrates and documents a Good Faith Effort by the prime bidder to hire one or more Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE).
For some Public Works projects, or taxpayer funded projects, each prime bidding contractor must submit a Good Faith Effort (GFE) Outreach Documentation Packet (along with their formal bid for construction or supplies). If the project has Federal funds attached to it, a GFE is required every time. The Administering Local Agency, or “Owner” of the project creates, outlines, then publishes the GFE requirements. The GFE requirements can be found in the invitation to bid, or in the bid documents.
On our individual project pages, you will often see: “(Prime bidder’s name) is requesting quotations from all qualified DBE, DVBE, UDBE, MBE, WBE, SBE, LPB, SLB, LBE, OBE, VOSB, VSBE, ELBE/SLBE, ESBE, Section3, HUBZ, or Any Minority Business Sub-contractors. These acronyms are all examples of specific DBE’s. Please consult your state’s DBE Certification website for more information on how you may qualify.
HOW CAN CBS HELP YOU
When we became sanctioned as a Trade & Focus publication, we started out assisting many contractors with fulfilling their GFE requirements as a part of the bidding packet. Contractors then began entrusting us with completing the entire process for them. We perform the Owner’s GFE requirements in accordance with the United States Federal Department of Transportation (FDOT) standards.
We perform the GFE for you and email the completed document to you in .pdf format. So, if you and your team are overwhelmed by the whole GFE process or simply just too busy to get it done properly, let us help you get it done.
WHAT YOU GET
The complete GFE Outreach Documentation Packet includes:
- DBE Solicitation Ad posted to the CBS online Trade & Focus Publication, and to the CBS Social Media webpages, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Contacts with Associations and/or Labor agencies, requesting assistance (up to 5 Ads)
- Research Print-outs for compilation of listings for solicitations
- Master List compilation of Solicitation contacts and corresponding phone calls.
- Creation, management and compilation of Solicitation Transmittals via email/fax.
- Documentation of Email and/or Fax Transmittal Reports
- Report of Follow Up Phone Calls, Emails & Solicitations sent, if required.
- Complete Documentation of all outreach
We can also provide assistance with filling out other required forms to submit with GFE package
Standard GFE Outreach Documentation Packet pricing starts at US$250. The “Owner” or Administering Local Agency outlines what “type of effort” and “how much effort” is to be made. Prices vary depending on the amount of work involved, and how much time that work will entail.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Enough time! We prefer 2 weeks prior to the bid date. If RUSH is required for completion of GFE, less than 10 working days, a $50.00 surcharge will be applied.
- Primary Contact Person to whom DBE’s may respond: phone, email and fax
- Project ID number. If your project is not already in the CBS online database, please call us toll-free at 1-888-786-9450
- Date you prefer to have sub bids submitted to you (prior to bid date)
- Bid date and time of actual project out-to-bid.
- Sub-trades and Supplier categories you need fulfilled by sub-contractors
- Where plans and/or specifications may be obtained
- Bonding Assistance: If you offer assistance with bonding.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES MAY INCLUDE:
- Affidavit of Publication ($50)
- Cost of ads placed with other publications or newspapers, with customer approval
- Additional Follow-up Phone calls and corresponding report
- Fed-Ex Shipping charges - only when email or fax is not available
- You, the Customer, negotiate In Good Faith with respondents. CBSLLC does not negotiate with respondents for you.
- You, the Customer, is obligated to make every effort to obtain Good Faith Goals.
- Customer must have at least a Free Membership on CBS website
- Payment is due upon completion of GFE
ONLINE REQUEST FORM
For specific information regarding Construction Bid Source performing a GFE for you, please fill out the Online Request Form.
Any general questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-786-9450.